Sunday, October 30, 2011

Blog #8 Its Not Luck, Just Random Events


So I decided to change the topic for this week’s blog, so people can learn more about me. I am a huge fan of music and movies, so pretty much I like to go a lot of concerts and other types of event. My first concert was when I was in 9th grade with a band called “She wants Revenge” at the Greek theatre in Hollywood. When I went, I got upgraded to the very front in the pit area, after that day I just enjoyed the atmosphere from all the people cheering, singing along, and from that day always loved concerts. My next concert wasn’t until senior year in high school, at The Roxy, “The All-American Rejects“ were performing, and me and my friend Alfredo got to the front but got separated. He go pushed back and I got pushed forward but he lead singer actually got off the stage in front of me and I actually got to hug him along with the crowd. A week after I went with my sister at the Gibson amphitheater in Universal for the “KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas” which is where many bands perform, that day was too see, “Anberlin, Three days Grace, 30 Seconds to Mars, Sublime, Rise Against, and AFI.  I was excited to see AFI, Rise Against, and 30 seconds to mars. Before the concert I purchased a CD from the 30 seconds to mars, but my sister told me why am I buying, all I told her was because I never bought their latest one, it turned out to be the best idea I had because at the end of the concert the band was going to autograph their new cd in the lobby.
Later things like this kept happening when I got to go to concerts, like meeting Neon Trees and Jet. Other times I would be able to get to be front row for other bands like The Bravery, The Airborne Toxic Event, and Brandon Flowers. I had the chance to meet Brandon Flowers because I knew the security guard, but because he was a huge inspiration with for me, but I chickened out. I would also go to events like the Premier for Alice and Wonderland and actually got in without a ticket for the event and see the cast, like Johnny Depp, Helena Broham Carter, Tim Burton, and Anne Hathaway. Later they had a concert with many bands from the soundtrack. Then another event I went to which I wrote about in my narrative essay was when I went for a signing for Scott Pilgrim Vs the World, I got a maybe ticket from the other day but it wouldn’t assure me to be able to meet the cast so me and my friends decided to wait outside for 8 hours to see if we were lucky enough to be allowed in. Amazingly the plan worked and got a chance to meet the cast like Michael Cera, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, and Edgar Wright. I would not say im lucky because its just a weird turn of events I would say or even I was just at the right place  at the right time but overall its quite amazing sometimes.

3 comments:

  1. Even though it was a 45 mile drive, when I was in high school, I loved going to The Roxy to see shows! In fact, as a teen, some of my friends who were in bands played there, and I thought they were SO cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How you got to do and go to so many places is phenomenal. Even so, getting to go to KROQ's Almost Acoustic Christmas and meeting the cast of Scott Pilgrim, I am totally jealous. Music is an absolutely wonderful thing and the world of art is brilliant in many means, it's great you get to experience all of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sound like fun, even meeting the cast from Alice in Underland..I mean Wonderland with out a ticket. I tried to get into Tim Burton's exhibition on Friday at LACMA without a ticket( they were sold out for the next two days) but no luck. However, on Saturday my friend, my sister Jesus, and I went back at 9am to see if they had some tickets left, 30 to 40 minutes later we were in line to see his work(smile), sadly we couldn't take pictures nor record.

    ReplyDelete