Sunday, October 9, 2011

Two Brothers, Demons, Ghost? Oh My!!!


My favorite show that I got into because of my friend Miguel is “Supernatural”, its got to do with two brothers Sam and Dean Winchester who kill anything that’s supernatural like ghost or demons. It first began with when their mother was killed by a yellow-eyed demon when they were young. Their father John Winchester wanted to kill what ever killed his wife, so then found out how there are a group of people called Hunters that kill anything supernatural. 20 years later Sam and Dean are hunters like their dad, it’s a life they didn’t choose, Sam always argued with John, but Dean always relied on his dad. The first episode, Sam and Dean hunted down a Llorana or the Lady in White, which is a women who killed her children because she went insane after finding her husband cheating on her. The beginning episodes showed what kind of monsters they went up against like demons, ghost, and poltergeists. During the first season they introduced the demons more commonly because at first they didn’t have anything to kill a demon, all they could do is exorcise back into hell. Later they found their dad, who was looking for a gun that was invented back in the west, with it would let them kill the demon that killed their mom. They found the gun but were pursued by many demons and the season ends with them driving in their car but getting hit on the side by a semi truck.
 The next season the brothers and their father ended up in the hospital but Dean was in a serious condition, which meant he wasn’t going to survive. Their father summoned the yellow-eyed demon and made a deal with him to keep Dean alive but would give his life and the colt. This season you find out more about the yellow eyed demons plan and you find out he was going to different houses 20 years back and giving some o his blood so the babies can drink and have powers later, then he would send them all to a private place, so they can all fight so he can have a leader for his army to open the door to hell, to release more demons to the world. Sam ended up getting killed by one of the other people, but Dean didn’t want to be the lone survivor of his family so he went to a crossroads demon and gave his soul to have his brother back, but the down side all he was given was a year to live. With Sam back, Dean and his brother went to where the door to hell was and killed the guy who killed Sam but many demons got out of hell, but dean ended up stealing the Colt from the yellow-eyed demon and killed him. That’s how second season ended but the next season was a race between time, to get Dean’s soul back, but later found out a demon named Lilith was after Sam because she was a follower of the yellow eyed demon. Another demon named Ruby was trying to help the brother by killing her, but in the end Dean was dragged down to hell by Hellhounds, which are like dogs pretty much. In the end they couldn’t save Dean but Lilith couldn’t kill Sam for some reason so, she left. That’s how the 3rd season ended, but I will tell more in the next blog.

To be continued  

(Sam on the left Dean on the right)

3 comments:

  1. During the summer of 2010, I had a student at Compton who was obsessed with Supernatural, so I watched a couple of episodes. I'd like to watch the whole series someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend got me into this show and was kind enough to let me borrow all the seasons. It is actually a really well written and funny show. It took a little for me to get into, but when I did, I went through episodes like nobody's business (pardon the cliché). I especially enjoy the references they make, how they pose as agents or officials that allude to musicians. Like Agent Page and Agent Plant, I mean, that's just cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only seen that first season on TNT before I started working in my last job. I enjoyed watching demons getting their behind kicked by these two, even more when their father would join them. Some episodes really got under my skin.

    ReplyDelete